I really enjoyed this build and think it shows what can be made from a very cheap kit and accessory set, even when not working to a set plan or prototype.
You are given ten days to build a specific kit and can only use accessories from one additional set – what would you come up with?
Several weeks ago, my good friend Jonathan Mock and I, embarked on a 10-Day Challenge. The idea was simple:
- We both had to build a Tamiya T-34, mine the T-34/76 ‘1943’ and Jon’s the T-34/76 ‘1942’.
- We were not allowed to use ANY aftermarket items to improve what was in the box.
- We WERE allowed to use one, readily available accessory set, in my case, the Italeri ‘Field Tool Shop’, but no other commercial items from any other sets.
- We could use plasticard, rod, strip and tools from our workshops, but nothing additional to that. Anything that we added, had to be made from scratch.
- We could paint the model using our preferred methods – in my case following the same Verlinden Techniques that I’ve been using all summer for my ‘Legacy Build’ series of dioramas.
Tamiya T-34/76 – 35059
Italeri Field Tool Shop – 419